‘Little Hillbrook’ Resource Base
‘A safe caring, engaging setting where we respect and value children for who they are. Our interdisciplinary team will help the children to understand the world around them. This will be achieved by, successfully supporting and working alongside parent/carers in partnership. By promoting an accessible, communication based, structured environment we will help teach children to manage their individual challenges and learning styles.’
Written by Resource Base Interdisciplinary Team
What We Do:
- We provide an appropriate caring community for the children in reflection of their needs, fostering learning and development and consistency of approach and providing a medium to develop self-help and worth.
- We meet the needs of each child with an individualised curriculum.
- We work in partnership with parents and carers to foster and value their individual needs.
- We work as an interdisciplinary team to enhance transitions in and out of the Resource Base.
- We provide the children with the necessary social, emotional and independence skills that will help them to take part in appropriate activities in the main body of the school alongside their peers.
- We have a school team that can effectively deliver the school’s aims through on-going training.
Information about the Resource Base:
At the base we cater for children who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Social Communication Disorders (SCD) between the ages of 2 and 5. Our staff are skilled practitioners in ASD/SCD and have experience working with children with this kind of diagnosis. Our environment is low arousal, to ensure a reduction in children’s anxieties and help them to learn by providing clear, visual structures. Class numbers are small with a high adult to child ratio. This allows us to provide each and every child with an individualised curriculum.
The Hillbrook Team:
Our team of adults who support the children at the base consists of a teacher, nursery nurse, 3.5 teaching assistants and a speech and language therapist/outreach worker. We also receive input from an educational psychologist and an occupational therapist to ensure we are always making excellent provision for our children.
For information about our admissions procedures or to discuss a referral, please contact: The Early Years Centre (Siward Road, SW17 0LA) on 020 8871 8866.
For information about the Little Hillbrook’s Local Offer, click here.