Starting primary school is a big event in your child's life. Below we have included all the information you need to consider when selecting the right school for you and your child.
Reception to Year 6 Admissions
Admission to Hillbrook Primary School is done through Wandsworth Council.
Below is a link to Wandsworth's guide to choosing a Primary School and how to apply.
- Choose a Wandsworth Primary School Guide
- Wandsworth Council Admissions Website
- Hillbrook Admissions Policy
The closing date for Reception applications for September 2022 intake is 15th January 2022.
If you would like any help with the admissions process (Reception –Year 6), please contact Jackie Simpson on 020 8672 3957.
Appeals to Hillbrook Primary School are managed by Wandsworth Council, please refer to the Wandsworth Council website to find out further information regarding arrangements for appeals.
The closing date for Nursery applications for September 2022 intake is 4th February 2022.
Nursery places are either full-time or part-time for 3 hours (morning session or an afternoon session), Monday to Friday. Children must turn three before they start Nursery in September. In some cases, depending on numbers of admissions, additional places may be offered in January of the following year for those children who have turned three between 1st September and 31st December. A part-time Nursery place will be funded by the Government for every child from the start of the school term after their third birthday. All 3 and 4-year-olds are eligible for up to 15 hours a week of free nursery provision from the term after their 3rd birthday.
Please note there is no automatic right of transfer from the school nursery to the school reception. Parents must complete the school application form and children will be allocated places in line with Wandsworth Council’s admissions policy.
We do not accept applications to repeat the Nursery year
30 hour Nursery Funding
Full-time places will only be offered on the following criteria:
- Each parent (or the sole parent in a single-parent family) will need to earn, on average, the equivalent of 16 hours on the national minimum wage per week, and no more than £100,000 per year.
- A family with an annual household income of £199,998 would be eligible if each parent earns just under £100,000.
- Self-employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings threshold. There will no longer be eligibility for a full time place:
- Where one parent is not in paid employment (or neither parent works)
- Parents who are studying or in training unless this is combined with paid work which meets the minimum average earnings threshold
Open Days for Parents and Carers
We will have the following open mornings/evening for parents looking to join Hillbrook.
- Thursday 7th October 2021, 9.15am
- Tuesday 12th October 2021, 6.00pm
- Thursday 18th November 2021, 9.15am
There will be a presentation from the Headteacher followed by an opportunity to see the school in action on a tour with our pupil ambassadors.
To book a place on one of our open mornings/ evening, please contact the School Office on 020 8672 3957 or email email@example.com.
Here you can watch a video showing you all the wonderful things about Hillbrook and meet some of our staff including our Head Teacher, Mrs Hart. We hope that the following information helps you to get to know our school and everything we love about it.
Choosing a Primary School is a big decision, whatever the age of your child. If you are moving into the area then please feel free to contact us to visit Hillbrook and ask questions. If you wish to apply for a place in the school, applications must be made directly to Wandsworth Council. Parents and carers should contact Pupil Services (020 8871 7316) to find out current availability and to obtain an application form. Alternatively, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about joining our school, please phone our school office on 020 8672 3957 or email email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you.